Tuesday 31 March 2009

To continue my research i look at books in the library. The two books i looked at were; The best of Business Card Design by Rockport publishers and World Business Cards Today by Pie books.
Looking through these books gave me inspiration in the way i could lay out my business card and it composition. it gave me much inspiration.
The image of the hangers was an idea i really liked, and had actually thought about this idea before i came across these business cards. I liked the hanger idea because it is related to fashion, and although currently i am unsure what field in fashion i want to go in i want to somehow show my interest in fashion on my business card. This seems like a good way of going about it. I really like the block colours they use. Another part i like about this these business cards and what i think makes them interesting is that each of them have a small inspirational quote on. Developing the idea of using a quote on my business card i came across this unusual idea of the business card being like a book or a page from a book. i think this is a very unusual quirky idea which i could adapt.

To adapt it for my own business card i would get a long quote or fashion essay which interests me, and within this writing in a bold colour font i could write my details in the centre. for example if the writing was black my details would cut the story up in the centre of the card in bold red writing.
This idea of writing then lead to me thinking about a notepad and paper, as had my small notepad with me i decided to scan this in and i noticed i liked the idea of having the ring binding bit at the top of the pad, this could be used as the top of my business card. Developing this idea i decided to crumble up the first page of my notepad and scan this in as well, as i really like it when things look worn or used. This has also made me think about developing the idea and writing my information on the notepad first and then scanning it in and cropping it and editing it on photo shop.

Continuing my interest of using bold bright colours i found some business cards which i liked and used this theme. I like the bluntness about these business cards.

No comments: