Friday 9 July 2010

My very own key

Ive been inspired by Scott Campbell and the Vauxhall Meriva advert (extremely random i know) for my new tattoo. This image is from the advert. The key tattoo always caught my eye every time i watched the advert. So i decided to do some research into key tattoos and have absolutely fallen in love with them.













I was initially inspired by the detail in these scissors by Scott Campbell. I'm going to have a long hard think about it. But i am excited by the idea of a key tattoo. I believe when you find what tattoo you want, you just know, there and then, that is it. You will know exactly why and it will be personal for you.  Keys are known to protect a treasure chest filled with gold or a heart, humans have found ways to keep looters at bay. Locks and keys speak of the value of what is locked away, and imply 'restricted access'. Keys represent the opening and closing of something. My key tattoo would mark the arrival of a new phase in my life; moving to London, starting a new phase of my life and of hitting my dream of working in the fashion industry head on.
 And of course i want it in the most painful place, on my ribs. So now all i have to face is the pain....

No comments: