Thursday 15 July 2010

Why does this always happen

I'm perfectly happy when I'm away at university, however this all changes when i come home and am reminded of my past. Everywhere i go and everything i do seems to remind me of things I'd rather forget.
Every time i come home, i generally have too much time on my hands and spend nights feeling lonely. I'm not ashamed to say that because I'm not unhappy, my own company is sometimes my best, but a simple hug and kiss goodnight wouldn't go a miss.
I become nostalgic for relationships in the past that haven't worked out and I forget about all the crap that came with them. I crave that one person to adore me, but doesn't everyone want that, just like the last Malteaser in a packet.
People feel lonely on their own but sometimes even more lonely in a crowded room. I've never felt more alone than when i was in my last relationship so i remind myself there is a reason why them people in my past are not in my future, and anyway, being single means i don't have to share with anyone...

......Now give me that last Malteaser.

2 comments:

Carmen said...

I love your blog, it's so honest. And I want that necklace you made! x

emilywilson said...

Thank you so much :) hope you are good xx