Sunday 4 July 2010

Shake your booty



Everyone has clothes in their wardrobe that they haven't worn for months upon months. Clothes which eventually get binned, passed down to family and friends or sent to a charity shop.  Me and my mum had such a collection we decided to take part in a nearby car boot sale.
After weeks of sorting out, we ended up with 20 bin bags full of clothes. Clothes which were in mint condition, that have been worn and loved, as well as them fashion faux pas.
Waking up at 5.30am didn't bother me, it was all part of the excitement. By 6.30am we were all set up and our clothes were flying out like there was no tomorrow. When we arrived we were hounded by the regular car booters, and boy did they know they were getting it good. We were selling Topshop, Miss Selfridge, Marks and Spencer, next clothes at £3 and under. (check out my home made sign, it worked and absolute charm.) What got me was this completely other world happening at 7.30am on a Sunday morning, bargain hunters where out in full swing.
By 12 midday, we'd made over £200 and our stand was looking less high street and more market stall, what was left was looking at bit drab, as was my enthusiasm....getting up at the crack of dawn was taking it's toll and i camped out in our empty boot for a while.


We made a wopping £300. I can not believe it! We truly car booted and with matchsticks keeping my eyes open, I'm truly feeling the effects.

Same again next year?



No comments: